- We pride ourselves on being easy to work with…event planning is stressful enough! We do our best to take that stress off of your shoulders.
- We offer custom menus created to fit your budget, style, and taste. These customizations help create the perfect event that reflects YOUR vision.
- We feature management & staff with many years of food service experience in the front and back of the house.
- We can drop off your order or we can provide turnkey and seamless service from the menu creation until the last guest leaves.
- Voted Best Caterer in the South Strand News Reader’s Choice Awards for 2018 & 2019.
- Aleene Miller voted Best Chef for The Post and Courier 2020, 2021 and 2022 Readers’ Choice Awards! Get Carried Away also won Best Shrimp and Grits(2020 & 2021) and Best Southern Style Food(2020).
Aleene was born and raised in South Carolina. After graduating from the College of Charleston she moved to Georgetown and married in 1996. Aleene has worked in banking, owned and operated a catering business called “Puttin’ On The Grits”, and was the general manager of a Georgetown, SC restaurant. She is married to Douglas Miller and has two boys, ages 13 and 16.
Aleene has joined the Get Carried Away family to use her years of experience to create events that are sure to be the talk of the town! Whether it’s an elegant affair or a small family gathering, Aleene and the Get Carried Away staff is here to provide personal attention to every detail to ensure your event is memorable.
Call 843-206-0772 or submit your information to start planning your event today!
I wanted you to know how very much we appreciated and enjoyed the responses, suggestions, and service provided by Aleene from the initial emails as we were considering a number of caterers, food tasting, suggestions and recommendations, and the wedding reception food preparation, set-up, service, and clean-up. A catering manager can make or break an event (and a business), and you all have a gem in Aleene. Additionally, Candice served, ran and sweated like a champ and with such a kind and gracious demeanor. She went above and beyond and even sought me out to tell me how much she enjoyed and was honored to serve and be a part of our reception. Wow! I was blown away!
The food was absolutely delicious, the service was great, and the clean-up and take down went smoothly and unnoticed by our guests who were most complimentary of the food and service.
We wanted to be sure to thank you all and know we will recommend Aleene and Get Carried Away to friends and family.
All the best to you all, your family and your business!
Kay I. – Columbia, South Carolina